Sunday 5 January 2014

Katie Journal Entries #3

                Where the heart is, opened my eyes and made me realise how important my family is to me.  This book made me think of where I am in my life right now and how lucky I am compared to Novalee. Novalee did not have even one family member that stood by and helped her. The only family member that went to see her was her mom. Her mom took all of Novalee’s money she was given from the owner of Walmart and left. I don’t know what I would do if I did not have my mom to guide me. It is extremely important to have a supportive mom. If Novalee would have even had one family member that actually cared about her she would not have had such a rough time. I know that no matter what I will always have many people in my life to love and support me. I see life differently by noticing all the little things my family does for me. My mom makes my lunch for me every day and I took that for granite. Novalee did not even have a family member to buy or give her food, which shows how lucky I am. My step dad drives me anywhere I want to go whenever. He takes time out of his busy schedule to drive me where I need to go. I used to think that was just what he has to do. Then I look at Novalee and she didn’t even have a place to live for a few months and lived in Walmart. There are many kids in the world who have a lot more to worry about than if their lunch is already made for them.  Overall this book taught me to appreciate everything I have in life because I am very lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment